The Florida Keys
June 2021 - The Florida Keys was an amazing place to visit. You get the Caribbean island feel and the blue waters along with some additional experiences you won't find anywhere else. Highlights included The Marathon Turtle Hospital, Robbie's of Islamorada, Hemmingway's home, the southernmost point, Mallory Square, food, bars, live music, and Dry Torugas which was the crown jewel in my opinion.
A few tips:
- The Southernmost Point gets REALLY crowded during the day. Catch a sunrise and head there early! You have the place to yourself for photos.
- If you start in Key West, take the ride north and visit the Marathon Turtle Hospital. The work they are doing there is amazing!
- Eat at the Conch Republic Seafood Company and Blue Heaven for sure. Get to Blue Heaven early for breakfast - there is a long line to get in.
- Spend the extra dough to visit Dry Tortugas. It was one of the most incredible places I have ever seen. Book early because they do sell out. If you want the ULTIMATE experience, take the seaplane tour. It is pricey, but worth every penny.
- Check out the street performers and a sunset at Mallory Square
- Do a sunset sail. Any of them. Just get out on the water!
Even after experiencing all of the above, I do plan to return. I feel like I still missed a lot. Enjoy!
For high resolution files or professional prints please contact firstname.lastname@example.org