William Van Blarcom
Born: 16 Apr 1816 - Oakland, Bergen, NJ, USA
Died: 28 Oct 1855 - Lafayette, Sussex, NJ, USA
William, son of Garret and Mary (De Graw) Van Blarcom, was born in the "Ponds", Bergen County, New Jersey, 1816, and died in 1855. In 1852, he moved to Lafayette Township, Sussex County, and lived a quiet life as a practical farmer; he never sought political place or the emoluments of office. He married Catherine A. Sutton, born 1814, daughter of Jacob and Hannah (Rorick) Sutton, of Hardyston Township. In 1858, Catherine's parents moved to Michigan where they stayed until they died. She and her husband were active members of the Christian Church and assisted in building the church edifice at Monroe Corner.1
William was buried at North Hardyston cemetery in a plot between his parents, Garret and Mary, and his infant son, William. His tombstone carries an inscription from Ecclesiastes 9:12 that reads, "For man also knoweth not his time: as the fishes that are taken in an evil net, and as the birds that are caught in the snare, even so are the sons of men snared in an evil time, when it falleth suddenly upon them."
1Lee, Francis Bazley. Genealogical and Memorial History of the State of New Jersey, Vol 4. Lewis Historical Publishing Company. 1910; 1317-1319.
Father: Garret Van Blarcom
Mother: Mary DeGraw Van Blarcom
First spouse: Catherine A Sutton Van Blarcom